Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account not updating after Switch up

Rog22
Level 3: Thinker
  • 25 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So on the 11th of this month I upgraded from the Xperia 1v to the z fold 5 but my account hasn't updated since then and still shows I have the Xperia and the old tariff that I had with it. It still says on my account that they are sorting my upgrade.. I've rang customer service and they told me I need to go back to the shop. I did however and they claimed my "360" account would take 72 hours to update on the new system. So far it hasn't. So I've called up customer service again and they claimed that the Xperia hadn't been marked on the system as returned eventhough I obviously did return it or I wouldn't have my new fold 5 I currently have. My only worry is that it needs sorting this week before the 14 days cooling off period or I will need to cancel and re do the whole thing again losing my 512gb fold 5 I got on the deal for the price of the 256gb. I've never had this problem before but I'm being told 2 different things from customer service and the shop. Anyone else had this issue lately? 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rog22
  • 25 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So I spoke to CS again and they told me again to go back to the shop so I did and ended up cancelling my order all together as it was still within the 14 day period.

They came across the problem with my account while doing it and had to call CS and the advisor at the other end of the call just cancelled it for us and I was able to take out a new one this time with no issues everything on my account updated straight away with the correct information.

I'm not sure why this happened in the first place but it's all sorted now.

Thanks slight_smile 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Rog22 

Not surprised the way things are currently with O2's systems.

You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35950 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

I would not worry, @Rog22 - my Pixel 4a from a 2.5years ago was registered as:

Order Date:04 January 2021
Order Number:o2-04xxxxxxx
Order:Pixel 3A
And remained thus until I upgraded to a 6a at the end of last year.
So it goes. I guess such things are more important if you are on a Switch Up Plus Plan for future switches... 🤷 Keep on at them if it stays that way beyond next week, as per @MI5's advice above.
Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

It could be Shop that is causing the Issue, as all my Switch Ups, have shown instantly, even before I have walked out the door of the shop. 

As not a lot Customer Services can do if the shop haven't followed the process. 

I would go back to the Shop, and get them to correct their mess @Rog22 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

Rog22
  • 25 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So I spoke to CS again and they told me again to go back to the shop so I did and ended up cancelling my order all together as it was still within the 14 day period.

They came across the problem with my account while doing it and had to call CS and the advisor at the other end of the call just cancelled it for us and I was able to take out a new one this time with no issues everything on my account updated straight away with the correct information.

I'm not sure why this happened in the first place but it's all sorted now.

Thanks slight_smile 

Message 5 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35950 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

Good job, @Rog22 - thank for the update. Persistence wins again 👍

Message 6 of 6