cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I've just received my bill and £15 of it were charges from this damn number. Can anyone suggest how to get help. Im disabled and skint....this just is not right... Many thanks
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

The number search gives these details:

Check a Number - Result

PhonepayPlus has the following information about shortcode number:

Customer care number:0149 475 0678
Customer care email:customer.service@tap2bill.com
Customer care website:Tap2Bill Limited has not provided this information
Search result provided by:Tap2Bill Limited
Service connected on:18 July 2011
Service terminated on:This service is still operating
Name of service:Shared Shortcode for Multiple Companies (85222)
Type of service:Tap2Bill Limited has not provided this information
Service description:Tap2Bill Limited has not provided this information
How much does this service cost?£1.50 per Message

If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it, then you should contact the service provider: Tap2Bill Limited

Tap2Bill Limited
Tempus Court
Bellfield Road
HIGH WYCOMBE
HP13 5HA

If you are unsatisfied with the outcome from the service provider, please get in touch with us either by phone on 0300 30 300 20 or online.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
You need to look up the company here http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/ which will give you contact details.
You can also report the company to Phonepayplus who will take action if you can't get a refund from them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

The number search gives these details:

Check a Number - Result

PhonepayPlus has the following information about shortcode number:

Customer care number:0149 475 0678
Customer care email:customer.service@tap2bill.com
Customer care website:Tap2Bill Limited has not provided this information
Search result provided by:Tap2Bill Limited
Service connected on:18 July 2011
Service terminated on:This service is still operating
Name of service:Shared Shortcode for Multiple Companies (85222)
Type of service:Tap2Bill Limited has not provided this information
Service description:Tap2Bill Limited has not provided this information
How much does this service cost?£1.50 per Message

If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it, then you should contact the service provider: Tap2Bill Limited

Tap2Bill Limited
Tempus Court
Bellfield Road
HIGH WYCOMBE
HP13 5HA

If you are unsatisfied with the outcome from the service provider, please get in touch with us either by phone on 0300 30 300 20 or online.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone service has now been cut off due to "supposedly receiving text messages to my phone from 85222" and running up a bill of over £100.  I have never received any messages.  I have just rung O2 to ask why they have cut my phone off and they told me about this damn number using my phone, Tap2bill is supposedly what it is called.  They gave me a phone to ring, which I am going to do.  I just cannot understand how I am supposed to have received texts to my phone that run up a bill like this, which I had DEFINITELY received.  I am going to get in touch with OFSTED as well.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
That should say DEFINITELY NOT received
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Follow the solution above and some further help here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premiu...

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

my mother has just been billed by these people, she didnt sign up or receive any text about signing up either, did text stop as recomended by 02, and tried to contact the company with the detais suppied by 02, these numbers don't work, basically 02 just fobbed her off not their probem, well it is since this number and phone are brand new and only family members have the number she hasn't put it on or submitted any forms with it, so where did they get her information ????? feel very angry, both parents are distressed and upset.

service provided shoud do more to protect their customers very angry

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

As mentioned above Merely entering sites and clicking links is enough to enrol to these scams unfortunately. Facepoo is a particularly nasty favourite I'm afraid. Yes networks and governing should do more to help but they aren't to know for sure that some people actually want these services. 

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
She must follow the advice on the thread. It's the only way to stop it.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9