cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 months of hell

Anonymous
Not applicable

on the 6th may i upgraded as my contract ended , as a partially sighted disabled person with heart and lung problems as well as little mobility in my arms and legs i solely dependent on my phone.

my problems with 02 started 2.5 years ago i was unable to access my bill online . every time i logged on it showed no bill been produced si in july 2013 i finished my 2nd account with 02 and only kept my normal one . then every time i logged on to check bills as it was supposed to be sorted out i got a final bill , for months i had to go through a process of chainging my pass word security question with 02 to acces my latest bill , but every time i logged on again i was back to final bill this went on till may 2014 when my contract was due to renew i was going to leave 02 .

i was prommised assured it was sorted out . now this is where the 6 months off hell comes . i first had trouble upgradeing online , them when after several attemps i was assisted by live chat . my order went through being told i would receive my new phone by 8th or 9th of may 2014 . i received a text message the next morning we are sorry due to manufacturing problems your phone will not arrive till the 21st may , i was very unhappy so cancelled the order . i was told it was cancelled had a transcript copy . 2 days later the phone arrived so i rang 02 telling them the order was cancelled 2 days ago within 24hrs nevermind the 14 days , they checked yes its all been cancelled can you return the phone we will send you a return envelope bag . the bag arrived on the 10th may and i posted it back on the 10th of may and got a receipt . i left it two days and rang to comfirm it had been received back this was comfirmed . i had already paid another month on 7th may for my old contract so 02 owed me a refund . i received a letter saying i owed £12.56p for the days i had the phone , so i rang up o thats wrong we will correct it we actually owe you £37 . then i heard nothing for two weeks then it started . i owed them £12.56 for rental and £480 for the phone this caused me a seveer cardiac arythmia attack resulting in an asthma attic and two days in hospital . my wife rang 02 i rang 02 it was all a mistake everything has been put right as everything was cancelled and returned correctly . kept transcript of chat. then the first dept collectors letter arrived for 12.56p three days later another dept collector agency for £480 i rang 02 i was told it was a mistake and would be put wright straight away , then i started getting phone calls from 8am upto 10.15pm at night 6 days a week threats unltematums , agents comeing to my home to see me , i contacted both dept collection agency told them it was a mix up , got more threats , the other thing was 02 had collected both amounts by direct debit and then refunded them both 3 days later , i sent all the imformation to both dept collections , one stopped for 12.56p . i had contacted 02 several times we are so sorry it been put wright your accounts are clear . the other cllection agency stopped only for another to take over calls text messages home phone calls emails from bcw you owe £528 now and charges will be added , emails stateing we have carried extensive checks and no you are liveing there my address , this then resulted in my first minor heart attack . but the barrage kept comeing i rang 02 on the 08/10/14 at 19.04pm on the live chat i was told again everything was in order my account was clear i kept the transcript i even asked the person can you comfirm my account is clear and you had received everything back correctly , he comfirmed this for me ,ref 589107183. my calls from bcw stopped it went quiet but then 2 days ago i was called and got a letter from dept management on behalf of 02 for £528 i am so sad so ill i am desperatly trying to keep sane and not have a massive heart attack i am takeing 16 medications aday and on oxygen 24hrs . on the 14th oct i rang 02 again being told it was all now sorted out . i would also be able to have a new contract . so on the 15th i used live chat to check again everything was sorted out it was i was told transcript kept . i went through the process of a new contract . it was declined i am presumeing something isnt wright the call from dept management collections comfirmed that today . so i rang 02 again i was told my account was clear but for some reason the phone amount was now oustanding i had to be passed to a department called returnes for the refresh contracts , i was told this amount was still down as unpaid despite they had received the phone back unopened and i was told it only arrived back on the 19th may 14 . it should never of arrived , it was sent back in the envelope they sent me on the 10th of may i have receipts from royal mail . so why have they been lying to me for 6 months . i now have to wait 3 days for a form to be filled in to correct 02s mistakes the stress has caused me seveer healt damadge and someone has got to be accountable for that i had been with 02 since my first mobile over 14 years ago and this is how ive been treated never missed one single payment another letter arrived today a field agent is comeing to see me is it time to call the news

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's worrying how a company can get things so wrong and no wonder the quality of customer service seems to be sinking like the proverbial brick.

I realise that chat may be convenient but I question their effectiveness in dealing with an issue like this. Handy to have transcripts and good evidence to support the claim but until one person takes the responsibility to resolve the problem, rather than saying everything is ok with the account, nothing will be solved.

With all the notes now on the account I would think it very difficult for an adviser to follow the sequence of events and it's time this was passed to complaints so that it can be allocated to one person to follow through and sort the complete mess out.

I too would be very wary about a field agent calling, O2 don't make house calls and have obviously passed the 'debt' on.

Once this is sorted out you need to check your credit file and chase O2 to remove any defaults recorded through the ineptitude of O2 and their systems. I really hope you get this sorted out without further deterioration to your health.

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for all the advice and support , my delay in replying is down to the state of my current health .

i wish to just clarify the field agent was from the collection agentcy 4 have been involved talk about heavy handed . i sent them all evidence it was a mistake from 02 , but they wouldnt beleive me i sent copies of bank statements showing the two amounts paid then refunded 3 days later.

i have made about 30+ calls to 02 customer services and other departments i was repeatedly told it had been sorted out . i have also several transcripts showing the agent i spoke to on live chat comfirming the account was cleared and everything was put right . i am writeing to 02 complaints or i should say my daughter will type it out and i will sign it i will be sending all communications medical evidence and letters from collection agentcys , i feel like a criminal 02 have made me feel this way i had two contracts with 02 for over 12 years with not one single missed payment and i have been treated like this . i no 02 also monitor this board and get feedback from other ways i havent received one single phone call back from 02 despite beeing told a number of times i would . i have been advised to go to the news services with my story but at this time i dont need more stress . the latest news is i spoke to a manager ailisha at the refresh team after i was told again thursday my account was cleared and could try applying again , i did well u can guess what happend declined so i spoke to this manager after being told by another person they could not do anything as they where not customer services two hours on chat and the phone . this lady check everything for me she told me there way still a mark on my file for £480 for the returned hanset a credit had been applied on the 14th but it hadnt gone through yet , i begged her to try to do something for me as i was talking my phone bleeped i was being called again by bcw dept collectors .

she said she would try to overide the application so it should the amount was cleard or to those words i was told to wait a few hours and try again , i waited till tea time and tried again after contacting live chat my order went through with me accepting to pay £250 deposit i wasnt happy but i agreed and it went through but only to be refferd to the credit team so i dont no whats going on i no they took the deposite and £99 towards the handset as its come off my card but havent received any calls or emails .

the problem gets even worse my wife of 28 years has also been with 02 for over 6 years her contract ran out last week she kept her number and transferred it to her new works phone she applied for a new 02 contract and well you no it was declined she rang 02 and was told to check on experian . she checked this and as she exspected not a whisper nothing at all so she rang three who our daughter was with her new phone arrived the next day ????? more answers needed from 02 . thanks everyone for your help and support if i hear anything i will keep you all updated regards gary

Message 12 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi gary...

Yes please do keep us updated. I am glad your wife got a new phone from a different network. At least now you have means of communicating.

As O2 have accepted payment this time...it looks as if it may go through...particularly as you have been told that it would take a few hours only by CS.

I really do hope things work out for you. I think we have already supplied you with the link for complaints so no need to do that again

Please let us know if this works out for you.

I hope your health starts to improve also.....:smileyhappy:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Thank you for the update.

As I feared the debt collection agent wouldn't have been interested in any proof you had. They are just interested in payment one way or another 😞

A contract does not run out - rather after the initial sign up period it drops to a 30 day rolling contract. Another credit check is not required usually by the network in these circumstances on upgrading.

I hope your complaint to O2 starts the ball rolling on going to resolve this situation.
Message 14 of 16

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You will need to check with Experian in a few days, even if O2 have cleared the debt off their systems the default that will have been recorded on your credit file may not have been removed. Your address may also be affected. It's worth checking especially as O2 wanted a large deposit which incidentally you will get back after 3 months payments have been paid.

Message 15 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If honest this sort of thing absolutely appals me. A phone often is the only lifeline for some people who suffer with a vast array of medical conditions.

I was pleased to note with Gary's last post, he has got family.... so his situation, although desperate, does show he has some support.

However, all of that is totally irrelevant to some extent. No one person should be put through this sort of unnecessary stress and worry.

The service from O2 has been absolutely disgraceful and lacking in any type of customer care.

Although I am not advising it.....I think the press/media would have a field day with this story.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 16