cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G tariffs recently updated?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I got a 4G plan in October 2013 (unlimited calls/texts + 1GB) and this tariff was £22/month at that time. I got a second phone number yesterday with the exact same tariff and I found out that it now costs £17/month.

I would like to pay the same price for both plans since they are exactly the same. Are O2 people planning to update the plan of customers on the old tariff?

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I spoke to O2 a couple of days ago and they said that the 4g data allowances would go up for no charge. For 3G customers, there would be a £5 charge to move to a 4g data plan.
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

The only exceptions to the scheme are those who took out their deals through CPW or P4U.  They won't get the increase in data / reduction in cost.

Customers on the top rate 4G tariff will see a reduction of £5 on the monthly bill, customers on the lower rate will see the increase in data bundle for no extra cost.  Its to align it to being one fixed 4g tariff.

Its unusual that O2 have decided to make the changes universal this time - they normally change for new customers and existing customers catch up as their contracts expire.

Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been told I am getting the upgraded 4g data next month.

I bought my handsets from CPW but 4g was added by o2 for free. The info about increased data allowance was via online chat on two separate occasions so I am not holding my breath lol
Message 13 of 14

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions
The optimist in me hopes that this is down to the recent separation of the airtime and handset cost that O2 refresh has brought. After all with the airtime plan being separate there is no reason O2 shouldn't allow people to change to a newer or different airtime plan if a better value deal comes along or someone's circumstances change and they need a different allowance.

The pessimist in me suspects this may be a one time thing sadly
Message 14 of 14