Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 account one bill now want to split

Gbzvet
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I am an account holder for 2 numbers, mine and my daughters.  I want my daughter to pay her own bill, how do I split bills so she pays her own?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Gbzvet You cant just split the accounts if you are paying her bill and the account is in your name.

You have a few choices..

1) If you have two separate account numbers then change the payment details on hers so that the money comes out of HER bank account not yours

2) Carry on as you are but ask her to give you payment for her bill

3) Cancel her contract and let her open her own. Be warned though.. your daughter will be taking out a new contract and have to undergo a credit check.

An,y problems then get in touch with customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

The safest way for you to be free of any liability is for your daughter to take a new contract in her name.
This should be done when her contract is up for renewal as it involves closing her old account and so will be charged if not complete.
She will still be able to retain her number on her new contract too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3