cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

118118 call charges

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was in distress and ill telephoned 118 for number for local police station as live in country and it was closed. Without too much detail about my fit state of mind at time, I was sectioned under mental health act.

The line was left open while police arrived and I continued speaking to police operator. Was in hospital for assessment when police collected and took me there.

Just got email from on saying high usage. Can only assume 118 connected me to Local police as the following on my bill.

16 Jun 14 23:10:51 118118 All Day 00:37:43 157.153

37 min call at £157.

I'm waiting for contact centre to open at. 8 am, have contacted 118118 customer care and phone ombudsman online. Will O2 allow this call the be disputed and re activate my service until ruled on.

Anyone with knowledge of this would be great fully appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

I suspect what has happened here is that you called 118118 on good faith, they got you the number and then offered to put you through. In doing so you are still connected to 118118 and therefore paying the higher charge throughout the call.

As advised above you would be recommended to contact customer services on 202 to explain the situation and hopefully they will be able to help.

If you don't get any joy then you may need to elevate to the complaintreviewservice@o2.com although current wait time time is around 7 days.

Fingers crossed and please do let us know how you get on. Good luck

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear of your experience.

If you ring O2 on 202 and explain they will discuss your options.

If they cannot quash the charge they may accept a re payment programme.

Take care.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As a customer based advisory forum it is impossible for anyone here to say what O2 will decide on this.... You'll just have to call and ask.
We hope you are feeling well again soon.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sorry to hear of your problems @Anonymous and I hope O2 will treat this sympathetically. Do let us know how you get on and I wish you all the best. Try speaking to a manager if customer service don't offer you assistance.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

I suspect what has happened here is that you called 118118 on good faith, they got you the number and then offered to put you through. In doing so you are still connected to 118118 and therefore paying the higher charge throughout the call.

As advised above you would be recommended to contact customer services on 202 to explain the situation and hopefully they will be able to help.

If you don't get any joy then you may need to elevate to the complaintreviewservice@o2.com although current wait time time is around 7 days.

Fingers crossed and please do let us know how you get on. Good luck
Message 5 of 5