Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 refresh

Abbey98
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My contact is due up on 15th November my 02 account is saying I can upgrade now on 02 refresh and they will pay off the rest of my contact when I look at a new phone it still says I have to pay £0.00 is that right still ages until it’s up? Chuffed if it is right though
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

bigdavie88
Level 9: Fired up
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
Yes it is. Your previous upgrade or contract must have been taken with a 3rd party so its a way of o2 getting you come back to them for your upgrade.
Message 2 of 10

Abbey98
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes it was it was through car phone warehouse, I still have another 5 months on my contract so I can upgrade now then? If I stay with them
Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Abbey98 

You must upgrade directly with O2 and on to a refresh contract for them to pay your upgrade fees.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Abbey98
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am going to do it now on the 02 app, my current contract is ment to come out of my bank on the 1st of July will it be my current contract monthly price or my new one?
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Abbey98 

The bill date will stay the same and you will pay your old contract price with a small adjustment pro rata for the new contract.

Next month will then be fully at the new contract price.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

bigdavie88
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Abbey98 

The bill date will stay the same and you will pay your old contract price with a small adjustment pro rata for the new contract.

This is slightly incorrect. The payment on 1st of july will not change at all so whatever your bill is at moment thats how much will come out. The payment on 1st of august will be the pro rata bill for the tariff and a separate direct debit for the device plan. 

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@bigdavie88 wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

@Abbey98 

This is slightly incorrect. The payment on 1st of july will not change at all so whatever your bill is at moment thats how much will come out. The payment on 1st of august will be the pro rata bill for the tariff and a separate direct debit for the device plan. 

Just to be clear......

If the bill is generated on July 1st it will change.

If the payment date is July 1st, it won't change as you say.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Correct, upgrading now will mean a pro rata amount on the 1st July. All bills after will be at the the new tariff.

Message 9 of 10

bigdavie88
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@bigdavie88 wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

@Abbey98 

Just to be clear......

If the bill is generated on July 1st it will change.

If the payment date is July 1st, it won't change as you say.

Well she does say in her 4th post its coming out of her bank on 1st of july hence why i posted what i did.

Message 10 of 10