Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swich to "pay as ypu go"

eneto78
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I write you regarding my contract change. I swiched my contract form pay monthly to pay as you go, to keep my old number. Now, in my "my O2" account I have two numbers related to it:

-First one, my current phone number which is "pay monthly".

-Second one, new phone number which is "pay as you go".

I have received as well two different SIM after my contract change. One of the is "O2 Pay as you go £10 Data Big Bundle Triple Sim" and the other is "O2 Pay as you go 4G Warranty Triple Sim".

I would like to ask you to clarify this situation, please. I would like to keep my current number on the new "pay as you go" phone plan. I would like to know which of the two new SIM card shall I use once my old "pay monthly" finishes working on the 28th July.

Thank you for your time

Regards

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@eneto78 

You'll need to call customer service to migrate your number which will cancel your monthly sim.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@eneto78 

You'll need to call customer service to migrate your number which will cancel your monthly sim.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Chester888
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, sorry for messaging here but I switched my contract to PAYG too and requested for number transfer too. People at O2 must have messed up something with my activation as I am impossible to make phone calls or messages but when I verify an access to a 3rd party the messages all arrive (number must be transferred)
No one can help me as I can't call up or message, do you know why is that?

Message 3 of 3