Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ported number not working

Annie1509
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - I've just upgraded from an iPhone 6 to an 11 and moved from Voda to O2.  I completed a 'keep my number request last week and received a text saying it move yesterday. The number has gone from my old iPhone and if I ring it I get O2 voicemail so I know its moved network but I still have the temporary number on the new phone.  I've reset phone and tried replacing the number againsy the green phone setting but that just them resets back to the temp number.

Any help welcome.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144217 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions

@Annie1509 

There is a system problem at th emoment holding up number transfers.

Please be patient whilst it is sorted out.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Keep turning the new phone off and on.
There are issues with number ports currently - how much it is related to the Corona situation I am not sure, but at least some.
If it is still an issue tomorrow then you will need to call customer services to discuss/escalate it.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I believe Telefonica in Spain have stopped all number ports. Maybe staffing issues here are causing problems.

Message 4 of 4