Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying with top-up

Chris62
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I simply want to top up using a debit card the bank authenticated the payment but at the end of the process get an error message saying "check with bank or use a different card".  The bank says there is no porblem at their end, and other cards (from friends) receive the same error message.  Anyone know what is the problem - or even better, what I should do about it?

Thanks

Chris

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

O2EmmaLouise
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Hi @Chris62,

Hmm, that's very strange. When was the last time you topped your phone up? Have you used it in the last 6 months for outgoing calls?

There are top-up limits and the maximum you can top up via debit/credit card is £100 every 30 days. There is also a £30 limit per 24 hours. If you've already topped up to this level using a debit/credit card then you'll need to use an alternative method such as a voucher.

If you're still having issues, then I recommend calling our team on 03448090222 and they'd be happy to look into this for you.

Have a great day slight_smile

Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Chris62 

The first top up needs to be via voucher. Once the phone is registered on the system you can use a variety of cards to top up.

All information in this guide.

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3