cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking my phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a credit balance of £29. I am trying to unlock my phone so why is the tool telling me I don't have enough credit and to top up?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@AnonymousA guide to unlocking here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1014131

Please note if you are PAYG you need to have had the phone for 12 months before it will unlock

PAYG phones need to have been on the network for at least 12 months (iPhone is the exception here again which is anytime subject to the above restriction for new models).

There is a £15 unlocking fee on PAYG and the phone needs to be registered on the O2 network, so, if you have just purchased a PAYG phone which was previously supplied by O2, insert an O2 Simply PAYG SIM free sim and top up £20. Make a few calls to register the phone and ensure you have at least £15 credit remaining then fill out the form as above manual form

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@AnonymousA guide to unlocking here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1014131

Please note if you are PAYG you need to have had the phone for 12 months before it will unlock

PAYG phones need to have been on the network for at least 12 months (iPhone is the exception here again which is anytime subject to the above restriction for new models).

There is a £15 unlocking fee on PAYG and the phone needs to be registered on the O2 network, so, if you have just purchased a PAYG phone which was previously supplied by O2, insert an O2 Simply PAYG SIM free sim and top up £20. Make a few calls to register the phone and ensure you have at least £15 credit remaining then fill out the form as above manual form

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous

I suggest you call customer services on 4445 to see what the problem is.

As you only need £15, something is not right somewhere.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Did you find the problem @Anonymous ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5