Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlatching request to unlock handset from 02 network

timw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My Samsung S6 handset was locked to O2 network and I want to unlock it to use my 3 monthly sim.

It's now been 2 weeks.  Twice now I have logged a "unlatch form" through the utterly uselss "customer services" - i received the same code, twice, which hasn't worked and I am now stuck.  

They claim "Back office need to generate a new code" - but that was days ago and nothing.....   i am so fed up with calling them - every time they come up with some new bullsh1t excuse and lie about "someone will call you back" - i wait around, the don't phone, I have to call them, they can tell me nothing.

How hard can it be to get the correct code from their system??  

I've logged a formal complaint but is there any other way of actually getting them to pull their finger out.  

If they think i'll give up and just keep an O2 sim, or sell the phone on for someone else to, then they're very much mistaken - i will never use o2 again. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

timw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yep - Emilie passed it on AGAIN to the so-called "customer services" who were going to call me, but of course, they didnt.  

Message 11 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@timw wrote:

Yep - Emilie passed it on AGAIN to the so-called "customer services" who were going to call me, but of course, they didnt.  

Then I will mention @EmilieT again here, she will see this today and hopefully you will have a better outcome @timw

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Is it an Apple device @timw and have you tried a non-o2 sim recently?
There has been a number of instances where phones were unlocked but no notification has been given...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Is it an Apple device @timw and have you tried a non-o2 sim recently?
There has been a number of instances where phones were unlocked but no notification has been given...

In which case no unlock code will be received.

Message 14 of 14