Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two redundant PAYG SIMs now I have an O2 contract

jpennycook
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a couple of O2 PAYG SIMs that I had as a backup in case I couldn't get a signal with my contract SIMs with other providers. Now Virgin Media have swapped my Virgin Mobile contract for an O2 contract, they are redundant. The PAYG SIMs are on £5 Big Bundle tariffs, and have plenty of credit.

Is the credit permanently lost, or can either I transfer it to my contract account or have it refunded somehow? Failing that, how do I stop the credit being reduced each month? 

I rang Customer Services and asked them the other day. They transferred me to Customer Retentions. Customer Retentions transferred me to Customer Services. I gave up trying to talk to someone about it at that point. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @jpennycook 

You should contact the sales team as they can help you with that – message them on Social Media  -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@jpennycook 

You can transfer the credit from both PAYG sims to your contract account balance, but both PAYG sims will be disconnected when you do so.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

jpennycook
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff - I was away on holiday.  I'll give them a try shortly.

Message 4 of 7

jpennycook
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Contacted O2 via Twitter yesterday and sent them a DM explaining my query.  Nothing back since.

Message 5 of 7

jpennycook
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately, O2 say otherwise:-

"Hey Jon 👋 The credit would only be transferred over if you're transferring one of the pay as you go numbers over to the pay monthly account. The credit for that specific pay as you go number would then be applied to the pay monthly account."

Message 6 of 7

jpennycook
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately, O2 have said this is impossible, but their advice makes no sense given that I am paying £5/month per PAYG, and that I don't want to keep the numbers just the credit:-

"No, sorry. You can save money with our Pay Monthly sim only deals which start from only £11 a month. We also have unlimited data plans, and you can get Extras like Disney+, on us on selected tariffs. You can keep your existing number, move the credit and set a spend cap. Would this be something you’re interested in knowing more about?"

Message 7 of 7