Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top up refund

AB28
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just topped up thinking my rolling plan would automatically renew and it hasn’t. Which took £20. So I’ve had to top up again. I would like my £20 refund as i feel tricked into topping up. 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10573 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@AB28 

Not sure how you have been tricked into topping up.. 

You cant get a refund on your top up, and it quite clearly states on the terms when you sign up to a Rolling Plan that it is done by a continuous payment authority on the card registered to the number Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans" 

You can try ringing customer services on 4445 from your phone, and see if someone takes pity on you.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10573 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@AB28 

Not sure how you have been tricked into topping up.. 

You cant get a refund on your top up, and it quite clearly states on the terms when you sign up to a Rolling Plan that it is done by a continuous payment authority on the card registered to the number Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans" 

You can try ringing customer services on 4445 from your phone, and see if someone takes pity on you.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7086 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

No trick. All in the Terms and Conditions you read

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/rolling-plan-terms-and-conditions

If the Rolling Plan is not suitable perhaps move to Big Bundle

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

The way to consume your credit, applied in error, is described in the Rolling Plan T&Cs, @AB28 - shared by @Enlli above, but excerpted below for ease of reference:

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/rolling-plan-terms-and-conditions

Recurring Card Payment Authorisation

1. On your monthly renewal date, we will attempt to deduct payment from your registered payment card and if successful, the Rolling plan will automatically renew on your monthly renewal date and you will receive your new inclusive monthly allowances. If we cannot take payment from the card registered to your account, your Rolling plan will not renew. We will send you a notification by both text message and email using the email address you used to register on MyO2. Until you renew your Rolling plan by updating your registered payment card details with one that can successfully make payment, any calls, text messages, data or additional services you use will be deducted from any top-up credit balance you have at standard rates. To renew your Rolling plan, you will need to update your card details in order to reactivate it and receive the benefits associated with it. If you do not start a new Rolling plan allowance within 30 days of an unsuccessful payment, you will be reverted to our £10 Big Bundle Standard Plan until you choose to switch back to Rolling plan as an existing customer in accordance with clause 4.
  2. It is your responsibility to ensure your debit or credit card account has sufficient funds to pay for your Rolling plan and we shall not be responsible for any additional charges which may be imposed on you by your bank or card issuer.
  3. You can cancel your recurring card payment authorisation by giving notice to us in accordance with our standard Pay As You Go Service Terms.
  4. If your SIM remains unused for a continuous period of 6 months, your recurring card payment authorisation will be automatically cancelled and your SIM will be migrated to our £10 Big Bundle Standard Plan (until you choose to switch back to Rolling plan as an existing customer in accordance with clause 4).
  5. We reserve the right to block or bar your SIM card if we have reasonable cause to suspect fraudulent use of a debit or credit card when setting up your recurring card payment authorisation.
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
Message 5 of 5