Did you mean: 

Sim Card

XXXSimhelp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My sim card has stopped working, 

I don't use the phone much but recently it crashed,(wouldn't switch on). So thought it was the phone that had finaly popped it's cloggs, so ended up getting a new one... Guess what? it doesn't recognise the sim. Tried it in another phone, the same. Have O2 disconected me? My credit is still showing on MY O2 but I can't seem to get hold of anyone to sort it.

Any suggestions on how to get it back on or get a placement, or even just chat to someone from O2 about it?

Kind regards,

Andy

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144890 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@XXXSimhelp 

Contact numbers to try here 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

You can use Skype if no other phone is available to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144890 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@XXXSimhelp 

Contact numbers to try here 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

You can use Skype if no other phone is available to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

XXXSimhelp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, managed to get to talk to someone, told them my tale of woe and received a replacement sim.

Read the leaflet about activation/transfer of balence etc. ..... Nothing happened, so read somewhere that you need to to 'TOP UP' before your sim will work so did so. Still nothing 'EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY'.

Trying to ring them and getting past the robots is near impossible but eventually got to the 'talk to someone' stage only to get cut off after a couple of rings.

Automated option responses that need to check your identity, sending you a text to the phone that isn't working is a joke.

rage

Andy

Message 3 of 5

XXXSimhelp
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

YEE HAR !!!!

After finally getting to speak to a person, my connection problem is suddenly resolved.

Happy days. 

🙂

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144890 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Good news slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5