Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolling plan

L80
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Two weeks ago I helped my elderly uncle move from his 20yr old mobile phone with T mobile. Purchased him an iPhone with o2 and requested a rolling sim as part of the order. Phone and sim arrived, old number ported to the new sim, everything going well. Now he’s struggling to get on a rolling plan, every time he tries to call o2 he’s on hold for hours, or he gets through to someone who can’t deal with the request, or the credit check fails. Having only ever had a pay as you go top up before he’s never had a mobile phone credit check and despite the terms and conditions of the rolling plan saying a credit check isn’t done they still keep telling him they can’t offer a rolling plan. He went to the local o2 store last week and even they can’t help as they can’t access his o2 account. 
I live too far away to be able to help him. I’ve managed to put £10 credit on his phone to enable him to have mobile when he leaves the house. I’m seriously regretting moving him to o2 and don’t know whether I should be looking at another sim provider. 
Any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@L80 

Why bother with a rolling plan?

For a low user it isn't necessary and you can set an auto top up to do the same thing on a bundle plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/topup 

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@L80 

Why bother with a rolling plan?

For a low user it isn't necessary and you can set an auto top up to do the same thing on a bundle plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/topup 

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

L80
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply. 

I’ll have a look at the bundle options. I think I looked and assumed rolling plan was a good option with data and overseas use. 

Message 3 of 3