Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund on PAYG

Remittub
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife passed away last February and her iPhone has still got credit.  Is it possible to have this credit refunded or transferred to another number ?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Remittub 

Sorry for your loss.

Please see help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/bereavement

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Remittub 

Sorry for your loss.

Please see help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/bereavement

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Remittub
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your help MI5 - much appreciated !

Message 3 of 5

Remittub
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I contacted the Bereavement Team, but was told that a refund was only possible if the phone number was disconnected.   As 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) is a current concern regarding receiving messages (containing a verification code) to gain access to websites, I was not willing to have the number disconnected.  I feel that this is a ridiculous stance by O2 - why can't a number  remain connected for incoming messages even when the phone has no credit ?

Message 4 of 5

Phone97
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Remittub I’m really sorry for your loss my condolences to you. With Pay as you go unlike like with Pay Monthly SIMs.
You need to keep it top up and make a chargeable call once every six months. If not the number will disconnect and get recycled by O2. I’m not sure why the bereavement team were saying the number needs to be disconnected for you to get a refund.
Once an number is disconnected I don’t think you can get a refund and number needs to be active for you get a refund from the bereavement team I believe. Once an pay as you go number hasn’t been used for six months the SIM will expire and O2 takes back the number for recycling. I hope that helps. 

Message 5 of 5