cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order confirmation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I ordered a moto g5 payg phome to be collected from store, it said on the site collect next day.

Since then - nothing, not even one a confirmation e-mail with the order number, all they sent was a link to open a MyO2 account.

When logging in I see that I have no services with O2 !!!

Its a shambles, this morning I see that the full payment has been taken by a company called Telefonica, there is no reference number though on my bank statement.

Is it normal practice for O2 not to send out confirmation e-mails?

I have ordered this as a gift for Xmas and I have no idea when I can collect it.

I called O2 and they said that without a Bank reference number they couldnt chase it up.

Any help guys

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
The confirmation email is only sent when the device is dispatched and they are probably out of stock (as usual).
You'd be better off cancelling the online order and going in store to buy.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
The confirmation email is only sent when the device is dispatched and they are probably out of stock (as usual).
You'd be better off cancelling the online order and going in store to buy.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

The online ordering system is bad enough throughout the year....This close to Christmas? I would never risk it. slight_frown 

Edied to ask...what does this nonsense mean? "I called O2 and they said that without a Bank reference number they couldnt chase it up"

First time I have heard that excuse.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your replies

Yes I think I will try and cancel but it may be difficult without a order number, I phone them and try anyway

Cheers

Message 4 of 5

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

The O2 community is a group of customers like you. so if you need assistance with your account or order confirmation, it is better if you get in touch with Customer Service.

Let us know how it goes and if there’s anything else we can do to help.

Welcome to the O2 community! Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 5