Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Still Not Ported After A Week

helensneha
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Having an awful experience porting my number with O2 - it has been over a week and nothing works!

So far:

• Provided PAC code when order was placed for new SIM - didn't work
  • Completed the online form for number porting - didn't work
  • Called customer service who apologised and confirmed port would happen next day - didn't work
  • Visited O2 store, told they only deal with new connections so can't access my account - they don't work
  • Live chatted with complaints team - didn't work
  • Called customer service every day the past week - every time was told midnight that day - didn't work

So far, my old Three SIM is deactivated along with my account. My O2 account does not show the correct number and I cannot access banking etc as these are attached to the original number too. I have spent hours on the phone and in store now and I still don't have my number! 

It's an incredibly bad first experience with O2 and I am desperate for a solution. Please can someone help? 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35975 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1594 Solutions

@O2Sarah- can you help @helensneha tomorrow when you get a chance please? Thanks.

Message 2 of 16

conrad1
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, have you managed to get this resolved? I have EXACTLY the same issue right now: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/Lost-my-number-after-switching-to-O2/td-p/1625023
Well, the only difference is I switched from GiffGaff to O2. I also visited O2 store and spoke to them over the phone, no luck... Someone reached out to me today here in private message but haven't heard back ;-/

Message 3 of 16

helensneha
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey @conrad1 - turns out my old number had ported into a different SIM - I have that one now and it is resolved. @O2Sarah was a huge help to me over DM here so hopefully she can help you too? 

Message 4 of 16

conrad1
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I have my number back and yeah, @O2Sarah- did it! Thanks 🙂

Message 5 of 16

FromWinter
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm unfortunately having the same issue and customer services just give promises that are never met and, while I appreciate their honesty, being told by them that "number ports usually fail to o2" is making me anxious especially when they sound like they don't really know what to do about it.

Sorry to tag directly @O2Sarah but can you please help me? I've had this number for 15 years and I cannot afford to lose it.

Message 6 of 16

FromWinter
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry for the double post, I think I tagged the wrong @O2Sarah- 

Message 7 of 16

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @FromWinter I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 8 of 16

Gintare_x
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Sarah,

I have the same issue porting number since 24th. Customer service is no help, and my pac code valid til 8th of July. Can you please help? as I cant loose my number that i have over 14 years. 

Message 9 of 16

Gintare_x
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, dont think I have tagged you @O2Sarah- .

I need help porting my number. Im trying since 24th June unsuccessfully and now my pac code is expiring on 8th, customer service is no help at all. Please help. 

Message 10 of 16