Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection since porting number from 3

Richard2005
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Bought a PAYG sim with8GB data for my new iPhone 14.It was working OK until I ported my number from 3.Since then I have no internet connection, I can make calls and send and receive texts but nothing else.I’ve spoken to customer services three times and visited an02 shop but nobody knows why I have no data. There are no network issues, as my 02 iPad is working, I’ve rebooted phone and reset network settings but still no data.

Nobody at 02 seems able to resolve this issue, all they try to do is get me to take out a monthly contract. I don’t want to loose my number but it has been six days with no data and no prospect of the problem being resolved.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Richard2005
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi MI5, thanks for the reply.I seem to have resolved the issue. When I inserted the 02 sim I registered on the 02 app as I thought this was necessary to port over the number.

I have registered again on the ported over number and now I have data. It’s just a pity that none of the four people I spoke to from O2 could advise me to do this.

Hopefully somebody may find this of use.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@Richard2005 

Check your data apn is correct.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Connecting-iPhone-to-Data-Services/m-p/5...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Richard2005
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi MI5, thanks for the reply.I seem to have resolved the issue. When I inserted the 02 sim I registered on the 02 app as I thought this was necessary to port over the number.

I have registered again on the ported over number and now I have data. It’s just a pity that none of the four people I spoke to from O2 could advise me to do this.

Hopefully somebody may find this of use.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@Richard2005 

Shouldn't make any difference, but pleased it's sorted for either way.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4