Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More problems.

Nedley
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I switched to 02 and chose a rolling plan after speaking to a member of staff in a shop. I work abroad a lot so go inbetween the UK and mainly Europe constantly.

I travelled abroad and discovered I couldn't phone or text, then posted here and got the reply that PAYG wouldn't give me that option. 

I let my monthly payment run out and assumed I'd just go onto paying per call or text, if I could even do that. In the meantime, I've got a local sim. 

This morning, outside the UK again, I get an email saying they're changing me to the £10 big bundle, which I assume also means I won't be able to phone or text ? 

What an absolute mess. 

Has anybody got an answer to this ? Is going onto a contract my only option ?

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125987 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Nedley 

If you travel abroad a lot, being on PAYG shouldn't matter if you are travelling to O2's EU countries.

UNLESS that country requires 4G calling which is not available on O2 with PAYG.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/roaming-in-europe 

However, you are restricted to periodic travel. See guide above.

TBH, I was on PAYG when I had an apartment abroad and found I spent less and had no hassle when I changed to a sim only contract. You can have these for 30 days, 12 or 24 months.

SIM ONLY CONTRACTS 

Or get a better deal with O2 by using USWITCH.

USWITCH SIM ONLY 

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125987 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Nedley 

Checked your previous post here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/New-to-O2/No-phone-signal/td-p/1653742 

Another reason to change to sim only. Many countries now need you to have 4G calling. Not available on O2 with PAYG.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3