cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to top up with no handset?? This is driving me crazy O2...

thealbs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had an extremely frustrating time trying to *give* money to 02.

Situation is as follows:

• PAYG SIM installed in new electric gate mechanism (i.e. I don't have physical access to it)
  • The SIM is a large size SIM and my mobiles all take Micro SIMs (so, even if I could get the Sim out, I have no handset that accepts it)
  • The Sim came preloaded with £10 and is reducing rapidly
  • I have tried to register the Sim in 'My O2' so I can organise auto top-up but it involves me responding to a text message on the Sim - not possible for the reasons stated above
  • I have tried twice to explain this via Online Chat but it is clearly not included in any of the scripts and I have lost patience on both occasions. I am trying to PAY MONEY for heaven's sake!
  • I have tried to pay via https://myo2payg.o2.co.uk/webtopup/details?journey=guest#/ but the page errors saying that there is a problem with my bank. This is despite me trying three different cards from two different banks ... all of which work find everywhere else. O2 appear to be blaming the banks for their own system issues? Surely not..
  • I have tried the automated telephone system and, after spending several minutes entering all of the personal details... it just says "there has been an error" and hangs up on me

So, question ... how do you top up a PAYG SIM when it is not physically accessible to you?? 

I have never had so many issues tyring to give money away before!

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help here. 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Did not know that topping up via a cash point counted as a voucher though!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 22 of 22