Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWON Cosy 4G EU Router

Calum99123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I require a sim card for an EWON Cosy 4G EU router and contacted O2 customer service two weeks ago. I was advised by customer service that I can use a regular PAYG sim to transfer code scripts to a machine interface and remote analyze machine operation.

Having purchased the sim card and tried it out the sim card refuses to connect to the internet, the sim card works in my phone but not the machine router. My personal O2 contract sim works in the router perfectly.

Upon contacting O2 customer service again, after an hours hold, being hung up on and looped around different people I was told that you cannot use a PAYG sim in a router.

What sims do I have to use in a router that is not based on a contract?, I see you get dongle sims but I need to be able to send a text message to the sim to wake it up remotely from the Ewon software. Can dongle sims accept text messages?.

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Calum99123 

Any of these options https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go#simtype=freeSimIpadsTablets which can all receive sms.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Calum99123 

Any of these options https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go#simtype=freeSimIpadsTablets which can all receive sms.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2