Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Disappeared - Cannot contact O2 to correct this

onthequiet
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My phone says "Emergency Calls Only" even though I know I have credit remaining - I'm on a classic Pay as You Go Plan.

I cannot contact o2 to get this resolved. 

Any ideas how I can contact o2? When I phone them, the phone always says they are prioritising calls and then it disconnects.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

onthequiet
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ok, so I got through. 

If you don't use classic PAYG for 3 months then they will disconnect. A call to 4444 within that 3 month period will keep it active.

Using my serial number she has reactived my SIM and put the credit back on. I will see it tomorrow. Thought I would update to help anyone else with this issue. 

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions here!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
You can try the following:
-your sim in a different phone
-another sim in your phone

That will indicate if it is a sim or phone issue.
Other things to try:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/b...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 11

onthequiet
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Good call. 

I'm sceptical that because I haven't used the phone for a while, someone might have closed my account / removed my credit... is that possible? Its a classic PAYG plan and I was told there was no expiry when I ordered it. 

But I just checked the link you provided and voila:

"Sorry a phone mast in this area isn't working

This means your service might come and go until we fix it."

So this is certainly a good possiblity. Have you ever heard of my first scenario above happening? Credit removed from long time without using?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Hope they get it fixed as soon as possible.

Keep rebooting the phone every hour until you get a connection.

Message 5 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@onthequiet wrote:

Good call. 

I'm sceptical that because I haven't used the phone for a while, someone might have closed my account / removed my credit... is that possible? Its a classic PAYG plan and I was told there was no expiry when I ordered it. 

But I just checked the link you provided and voila:

"Sorry a phone mast in this area isn't working

This means your service might come and go until we fix it."

So this is certainly a good possiblity. Have you ever heard of my first scenario above happening? Credit removed from long time without using?

Thanks!

When you say "a while", do you think you have used it in the last 12 months?

o2 does deactivate pay as you go sims if they are not used (send a text/make a call) within 999 day and/or a top up (or something like that).

@jonsie can you confirm the actual numbers? Got brain strain today and can't remember...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 11

onthequiet
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ok, so I got through. 

If you don't use classic PAYG for 3 months then they will disconnect. A call to 4444 within that 3 month period will keep it active.

Using my serial number she has reactived my SIM and put the credit back on. I will see it tomorrow. Thought I would update to help anyone else with this issue. 

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions here!

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Hmmm, it's usually 6 months.
A bit worrying if they've changed it to 3 months without telling anyone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 11

onthequiet
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

hmmm yes, she definitely said 3, but as a person who has this as my backup phone, I'm not too concerned - it would be different if they did not give the credit back, but they do so I guess thats the main thing

I'm gonna put a recurring calendar appointment in for every 10 weeks to give that 4444 a quick call and that will stop it deactivating

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Good plan.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 11