Did you mean: 

Call from a Chinese woman

koala321
Level 4: Observant
  • 64 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello,

Yesterday I received a Voicemail on 901. A female voice which sounded automated said 'Chinese'. Then there was another female voice speaking in, I assume, Chinese. She didn't speak for very long. There was no background noise i.e from a call centre.

The number was from a UK mobile number beginning 07, so not from China.

I don't know anyone from China. Also why would a voice say 'Chinese' before someone spoke in Chinese?

Does anyone know what it could be about? I tried playing in on loudspeaker and recording it on Google Translate, but Google Translate couldn't pick it up.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Snookie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Am getting a fair number of these calls each week now. Very annoying and seemingly impossible to stop as they use a different mobile number every time.

I do report and block, in the hope that the technical wizards at O2 and other mobile operators can track down the origin of these calls and put an end to them.

All recorded message with a womans voice but several message variants.

• Threatening that my phone numer will be disabled, press 1 to hear in English or 2 in Chinese
  • "Chinese Embassy" spoken in English, the rest of the message is in Chinese
  • Something about immigration papers and to contact the Chinese Embassy, again press 1 to hear in English, 2 for Chinese

If they ring a second time on the blocked number then get a voicemail left. I wish there was a way to completely block a number so that they cannot leave a voicemail. It all feels very intrusive and disturbing.

Message 11 of 12

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9651 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

I believe @Snookie that the only way would be to turn your voicemail off altogether.

If someone knows a way of blocking individual numbers from leaving a voicemail, I am sure that they will post here. 👍 

Message 12 of 12