cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back in the USA - one phone has gone from my account in the last few days!

Mark-USA
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 17 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

OK, I live in the USA. I keep two UK PAYG O2 phones (mine and wife's) for use when there. I'm aware of the 6 month rule and go to lengths to make sure I send a paid txt from one phone to the other and vice versa within this period to make sure I don't lose the balance and we keep our UK numbers active. I often check MyO2 to ensure all is well, which it was, until I logged on today - and my wife's phone number was gone - presumably taking her balance with it.

So, I was in the UK in October, a few weeks ago, and obviously made sure there was paid activity on my wife's line and mine, and I used my personal one extensively. Mine still shows up - hers does not (she wasn't on this trip). I did add some £'s to my line but not hers as she didn't need it. Both lines showed up a week or so ago with a balance when I checked, now just mine shows on the account. Clearly something has happened that I don't know about.

Both phones were powered down at Heathrow (after setting to Airplane mode) just before my return flights so I can't see how there would be any use to drain either balance to zero. The only difference is I added some time to mine but if there's a new rule about having to do this, I'm unaware and I can see my line going off too as I will not be back in the UK in the next 6 months.

Anyone got any clues? Help!!!

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6137 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@MI5 

One gets the feeling that no WiFi calling on PAYG and no 5G on PAYG are both efforts to nudge PAYG customers into either leaving O2 or becoming contract customers.  

Message 31 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

Wouldn't surprise me at all, but doubt O2 PAYG will live past 2025 at the latest.

That would force them to add more cost into running the service for zero return.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 32