Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim swap,zzz

litch90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello. So far I've been waiting 11+ hours for my micro sim to be activated. I did the sim swap process via the online method. A few moments ago i tried the texting method (text swap to 20220)... o2 never replied to the text. So i text swap for a second time... still no reply. My old sim is still active, but of course i am itching to get up and running with my new phone. Is there some reason its taking so long? And why the text swap method isnt working? whats the longest someone has had to wait for their sim to be activated?

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143439 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It can take upto 24 hours, it all depends how many are going through the system at this moment in time. You could call CS to check if it is showing as pending on your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143439 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It can take upto 24 hours, it all depends how many are going through the system at this moment in time. You could call CS to check if it is showing as pending on your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

litch90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok, i'll do as you suggest if it takes longer than 24 hours. thankyou.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143439 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Once the signal goes from your old SIM, keep rebooting your new one until you get connected.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4