cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Email to Mobile" not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a long time O2 Home Broadband customer, I've used "email to mobile" for some time, to have emails from my O2 email account forwarded to my mobile via MMS. I know it's probably not a widely used service, but I like being able to have free push email without incurring any data charges for receiving emails.

This service has worked fine until recently when it suddenly stopped, and since 18/1/13 I haven't had any emails sent to my phone. When I log into my online account and click on the "email to mobile" section, instead of listing my approved and blocked senders, it prompts me to sign up for the service - ie it appears I have been de-registered for some reason.

So...... OK, I'll re-sign up - but no!! When I receive the welcome message to my phone, it asks me to reply with "accept" which I do (remembering to reply as an MMS not SMS, as I recall this was an issue when I originally signed up). But I get a response "message rejected +30102") so I can't re-sign up.

I've been through online chat and passed from person to person, as no-one either knows what I'm talking about when I refer to "email to mobile" or they don't know what the problem is. In the end, they said they would refer it to their technical team and get back to me. A few more emails later, after being passed around again from person to person, I'm eventually told "please contact our data support team by calling 4445 from a Pay & Go phone"......... yeah, right - like I'm going to get any joy there!!! It really does seem like nobody knows what the problem is and they simply keep passing the buck to someone else.

Has anyone else experienced problems with "email to mobile" and are there any Guru's knocking about who can advise whether there are any known issues with the service and what I need to do to get it back?

Ian

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Just to let you know your not being ignored.

I'm just trying to find an answer for you:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 11

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

I feel your pain Ian!

I've had problems with this in the past and it is very frustrating trying to speak to an advisor who has even heard of this service, let alone understand how it works.

When I've had problems it normally had to be referred to the "portal team." Perhaps you could mention that when you call again? As this is a product that is part of the broadband service you should use the normal broadband support number.

FYI the service is working fine for me at present.

#siwy
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember you, browni, from my previous thread "O2 email to mobile on Android".

It's actually 1 year and 1 day since you commented "I agree that it can be a real pain trying to speak to somebody in customer services that actually knows what the product is" so obviously nothing's changed over the past year !!!

I'll wait and see if Liquid, or anyone else here can offer some sort of resolution.

As an update to my original post, I've been able to send my "accept" message to try and re-sign up, without it being rejected by removing the "+" from the reply number (ie 30102 rather than +30102). However, I'm not getting any sort of acknowledgement back and when I click on "finish" on the website sign-up it says I haven't accepted. So even though it's not now rejecting my text response, the sign-up process is not recognising the fact that I've "accepted"!!!!

Message 4 of 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'm drawing a blank currently:( but ill give it another go when I get back home tonight.

Sorry its not as easy as I'd hoped:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're not alone, Liquid. I think it's got quite a few people stumped.

I was hoping it was just a temporary glitch and would put itself right over time but it's been a few weeks now so I think that was just wishfull thinking. I haven't heard of anyone else being affected, so I'm baffled why it should just be me. I did port my number over from Vodafone a year ago, but I can't see that should have any bearing on anything. Is there any way of checking whether any changes were implemented at o2 over the weekend 19/20 January which was around the time it stopped working for me?

Message 6 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I think it might help to send a PM to Leonard, Toby or Brad and ask them to refer this to the right team.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had an automated PM from Leonard regarding my rank, so I've replied asking him to check out this thread. Hopefully he'll drop by soon and post a response, or PM me. 

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm, that's an interesting one, Ian. I'll try and see if I can find you some help.
Message 9 of 11

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just had an automated PM from Leonard regarding my rank, so I've replied asking him to check out this thread. Hopefully he'll drop by soon and post a response, or PM me. 

Did you have any success?

The service is still working quite happily for me just now but I think that we will lose it when Sky take over.

#siwy
Message 10 of 11