cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old iPhone unlock without old sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded and gave my iphone 4s to my dad, who is on a different network. I'm not sure he still has the original sim. Is it possible to get a code to unlock it?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

No it will not affect your current contract in any way or affect your current handset slight_smile

Fill out the form and submit it. It's free to contract customers.

If you get an e mail back saying they don't recognise the iPhones imei then you'll need to do what I say about inserting your SIM card and make some calls.

Or ask your dad to get an O2 Payg sim. Top up by £20. Make some calls and leave £15 on it to pay for the unlocking fee which is payable by Payg customers.

He then submits the unlocking form ~ not you.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Use this form to request an unlock https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

As long as you've used the phone recently you'll be fine. If not insert your sim and make a few chargeable calls to latch it's imei to your account again.

Then have another alternative network SIM card ready , preferably not a virtual networks one to insert to complete the unlock by hooking up to iTunes.

You'll get a message in iTunes saying it's been successful.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
My apologies I omitted to add this link.

Here is a link from O2 regarding unlocking http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-your-iphone-and-using-it-on-another-network
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't used it for a while, but will give the form a go. It won't unlock my new phone and affect my contract? 

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

No it will not affect your current contract in any way or affect your current handset slight_smile

Fill out the form and submit it. It's free to contract customers.

If you get an e mail back saying they don't recognise the iPhones imei then you'll need to do what I say about inserting your SIM card and make some calls.

Or ask your dad to get an O2 Payg sim. Top up by £20. Make some calls and leave £15 on it to pay for the unlocking fee which is payable by Payg customers.

He then submits the unlocking form ~ not you.
Message 5 of 5