Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to complain about O2 Recycle?

Blue60
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sent my phone to O2 Recycle. They said I hadn’t disabled the Cloud and there was LCD damage, so they would only give me about 10% of the amount originally offered. I had disabled cloud and the screen was absolutely fine, so I emailed back stating this and asking for my phone to be returned to me. I got a reply saying I’d receive it within 5 working days and that I’d receive a text with the tracking number on once it had been posted. That was 16 Jan. By 23 Jan I’d received no text message and no phone, so I emailed again to chase up. I got a short reply on 24 Jan saying they’ll look into it but it’s now 29 Jan and I’ve still not heard anything.

Having googled O2 Recycle it seems I’m not the first to have experienced this. I just want my phone back so I can sell it to a more reputable recycling company and no doubt it will be decreasing in value.

I tried to make a complaint on Resolver but not sure what category to put it under? It feels like Resolver is more for issues with a current O2 contract?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Blue60 Resolver is where we recommend although you may also wish to discuss the issue with trading standards and take advice from CAB.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Blue60

Resolver deals with all complaints relating to O2.

Go to the website and pick any mobile category. Look for the section 'Expectations not being met'  and you can describe the problem with O2 recycle there.

Resolver website

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Blue60
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks all - I complained using Resolver and the matter has been resolved.
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Excellent news @Blue60, That didn't take long. Well done. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Good news wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6