Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemails when switching from iPhone XR to a newer model eg iPhone15

Moonlight123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I have an iPhone XR am wondering what happens to the visual voicemails if I switched phones to a newer iPhone model, but kept my contract the same? I’m not entirely if the same sim could be used but I will keep same contract (SIM only).

I have some very important voicemails that I don’t want to lose. I will try to back them up but ideally I’d like to know if they will still show up in the visual voicemail list if I switched to a new phone?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149275 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions

@Moonlight123 

The voicemails are on the phone so you need to back them up before wiping your old phone.

I save any important ones as .wav files.

To save a visual voicemail on an iPhone, you can do the following: 
  1. Open the Phone app 

2. Tap Voicemail 

3. Select the voicemail you want to save 

4. Tap the Share icon, which looks like a box with an arrow pointing out of it 

5. Choose New Quick Note or Save to Files 

6. Save the voicemail 
    You can also share the voicemail using AirDrop, Messages, Mail, Notes, or Voice Memo. If you have iCloud enabled, the saved message will automatically back up to iCloud. 
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Moonlight123
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I will try to back them up individually. I think I might have read that visual voicemails might be a network carrier feature rather than a phone feature? And I was wondering what would happen if I kept the same contract/SIM but upgraded just the phone. Would my old voicemails that I really want to keep be transferred? 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149275 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions

No @Moonlight123 

O2 don't store voicemail anywhere.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4