cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect O2 default causing mortgage application rejection!

HanMay20
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Really hoping that someone may be able to help me.

I am in the process of buying a house and my mortgage application has been rejected due to an incorrect default that has flagged up on my file from February 2023. The value is £1074 and the incorrect default was caused by an internal error at O2 which was verbally acknowledged when I phoned last Tuesday. In order for my mortgage application to be reconsidered, the bank requires a formal, written email from O2 that I can then show to my mortgage lender to show that action has been taken. I understand that the default removal process can take 30-60 days which is time that I simply do not have. I have followed up 3 more times since then, each time on the phone for several hours, and no one has been able to support. Each time I am told I will hear back from 'the amendments team' within 3 working days... shock - I've had no response. I have also emailed the credit referrals team, amendments team and complaints several times but have not had a single response from either - not even an automated one! I called today and the person told me not a single person at O2 has the ability to send emails, which just cannot be true?!

I'm truly lost on what else I can do! Is anyone here able to offer any other guidance or support relating to this matter?   @MI5 @Dave-O2 @jonsie 

@O2Lisa  I have seen you are often tagged in these or appear in the comments so hoping you may be able to help. Thank you!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146362 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28165 Solutions

@HanMay20 

Only the amendments team can help you.

Keep trying them daily.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 12

HanMay20
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thank you - I've been emailing them every day since last Tuesday. Do you have a phone number for them? I have this email is that correct? amendmentteam@o2.com  

Message 3 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146362 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28165 Solutions

@HanMay20 

There's only email contact, no number as they aren't customer facing, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 12

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7352 Posts
  • 139 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@HanMay20 

O2 have a complaints procedure :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

However, it is currently taking O2 some eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints. In your position, I would not file a complaint as it will simply take too long.

There is occasional mention on this Community of members e-mailing O2's CEO direct and their complaint being passed to an "Executive Resolutions Team". This is all quite opaque but if you Google "O2 executive complaints team" you will find a "X" (Tweet) of 27 June 2023 from O2 to a customer by the name of Katy Evans that confirms the existence of that team and gives their contact details.

This community's spam filters mean that I cannot post a link to the "Tweet" - sorry - but at least you now know what you are looking for !

Please keep us informed of developments. 👍

Message 5 of 12

HanMay20
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much 🙏🏼 I will definitely be trying that too!!

Message 6 of 12

Polly5678
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No other input on help but this really doesn’t surprise me . I applied for one Apple Watch and it went to a credit risk team and was all accepted and then my phone cut off and then they put the watch through 5 more times and I have had nothing but grief. I put in a formal complaint over the phone via calling 202 and I know that won’t help you right now but you really need to log this as it’s terrible and I sincerely hope you get something in writing but I have been on at them about a prepaid Mastercard I should  of got and there was an issue and I kept calling as it never showed me or sent me anything and they said it was submitted so I asked them to send me confirmation or screen shot as I needed the master card it’s a fair bit of money to me and I’ve been back and forth and they told me last week it had not been redeemed . I keep reaching out as I’m not letting it drop .

i was only saying in December how I’d never had an issue and that was one reason I stayed . Now I’m tied in to 22 more months grr 

Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 124054 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7503 Solutions

@Polly5678 

I'll ask our manager @Dave-O2 if he can help you with the prepaid mastercard gift which you've never received. No guarantees but there is a chance he may be able to help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 778 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

@Polly5678 I've tagged you on the Prepaid Mastercard thread with the steps that need to be followed to chase this.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 9 of 12

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 778 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Hey @HanMay20 can you please drop me a PM with the mobile number that this incorrect default is linked to and I'll check out the latest?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 10 of 12