Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UKMAIL Delivery Service letting you down

PompeyDickie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Excellent turnaround on a repair, with tracking available so I knew my phone had tried to be delivered to my home. UKMAIL delivery person thought an appropriate 'safe place' to leave my phone was down a drain. Luckily it didn't rain and my neighbours didn't take a shower. At least he didn't throw it over the back wall I suppose.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @PompeyDickie

as posted above, down a drain or inside a wheelie bin are not safe places in which to leave mail 

here's what I do, which may be helpful to some readers ..... I have a laminated, buff coloured, very small notice on my only outside door, which reads Parcels please leave behind wheelie bin, thank you ..... now that is a safe place because of the situation of the 2 wheelie bins ie backed up to an about 4'6" wall which is all around the yard, well away from the public footpath & road ..... it is considered I live in a safe neighbourhood, & my last mobile phone ordered from O2 was delivered as described above ..... I am classed as semi-disabled & so there are times I can't get to open the outside door quick enough to receive mail in person ..... to date, the parcels have been alright left between the back of the wheelie bins & the yard wall, near the outside house door ..... sometimes the deliverer will knock on the door or leave a note through the letterbox ..... thank you

Message 11 of 11