The old eSim on a new device.

Lucy_1990
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello everyone.

I need some little help. 

6 months ago I started to use o2 eSim on my iPhone.

Now I would like to change the device. Anyone know how to activate the eSim with the old number on my new iPhone?

Thanks for help! 

Have a lovely day.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Lucy_1990 

You will need a new esim pack.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/esim 

Unlike a physical sim card, esim profiles can’t be moved from one device to another. This is to keep esim profiles secure and prevent them from being copied.

• When you upgrade to a new esim device, you’ll also need to get a new 4G or 5G esim pack.
  • Next, using the instructions below, install the new esim in your new device. Keep your old device and esim where they are for now.
  • Finally, request a sim swap from from your old esim to your new one. You can request a sim swap here. If you’re a business customer, you can swap your sim using MyO2 Business.

During the upgrade process, we’ll need to send you some texts. If possible, you’ll need to keep your old device nearby until the sim swap is complete and your new device is active. Once it’s all complete and you’ve copied all your data to your new device, you can remove the esim profile from your old device.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Lucy_1990 

You will need a new esim pack.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/esim 

Unlike a physical sim card, esim profiles can’t be moved from one device to another. This is to keep esim profiles secure and prevent them from being copied.

• When you upgrade to a new esim device, you’ll also need to get a new 4G or 5G esim pack.
  • Next, using the instructions below, install the new esim in your new device. Keep your old device and esim where they are for now.
  • Finally, request a sim swap from from your old esim to your new one. You can request a sim swap here. If you’re a business customer, you can swap your sim using MyO2 Business.

During the upgrade process, we’ll need to send you some texts. If possible, you’ll need to keep your old device nearby until the sim swap is complete and your new device is active. Once it’s all complete and you’ve copied all your data to your new device, you can remove the esim profile from your old device.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 2