cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Status Update] O2 Webmail Down for an Indefinite Period for Everyone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There,

I came onto this bulletin board because my webmail hadn't been working since Tuesday lunchtime.  Some individuals can't access their webmail because their accounts have been hacked by spammers, but at the moment I have been told that there is a general issue.  I thought I'd post it here as the Broadband 'service status' is showing as a green light.

Here is the end of the chat session from last night confirming the general issue.

Sol: Hi

Sol: Sorry, the Webmail isn't working for anyone.

Sol: Our support team is working on it but we don't have any timescale when this will be resolved.

Sol: I haven't heard from you for a while.  Are you still there?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
For some reason I cannot ping O2 web server (keeps timing out)

Either the server has a hardware fault or the connection to it is down.

Might be some sad little person running a DDOS attack.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 25

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Just accessed my o2 webmail with no issues

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93281 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'm back online:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 25

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I don't think anything has changed and this is still a problem for only some accounts, unless there was trouble earlier today and I missed it.

All working normally here.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 25

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I may well have screwed up my trace route haha.

Op any chance your account has been closed due to spam?
Message 7 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
Thanks for the replies to this thread, I'm intersted to see that some people can access their webmail, there are clearly lots of people who cant' (from the links on the broadband forum).

Is there any chance that my account has been closed due to spam? Well the CS rep said my account was subject to a general fault affecting everyone and was not specifically closed down, so I think not but you never know do you, as clearly everyone isn't affected.... my webmail is still not working though...
Message 8 of 25

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hmm that's very wierd.

Sorry to say it but call CS again you might of ended up being out through to a trained monkey (if you get where I'm coming from)

Let us know how it goes
Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just tried 2 x O2 email addresses from both the O2 web site and through my normal pick up and send system and both addresses are working from both systems ok.  I did from 2 different pc's to see if that affected the situation

Message 10 of 25