Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam calls

Waqqas
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm getting constant calls throughout the night with a number starting +2262 but the last few digits change so if I block 1. Another starts. Constant missed calls all night. I have to put my phone on silent at night and it wakes baby up. Any idea what I can do?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Waqqas 

You could ask for a change of number, you get one free change with O2 though you would need to call them for this Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Other advice in nuisance/spam calls here Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

And here

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hello and absolutely astonishing @Waqqas 

So sorry to hear these despicable people are able to do this.

Good advice from member @Cleoriff 

Terrible choice to change number but with that kind of

bombarding probably that is the one.

Hope all can be better for you soon.

Welcome to the o2 customer forum and take care

TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 9

Waqqas
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I use the number for work as well so changing isnt an option. The number seems to originate from Africa can I block numbers starting with a certain prefix or country from calling me? I looked online and apparently its known as a wangiri scam. They miss call until you dial back on their premium number.
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Waqqas 

You can block any number as long as it's showing in your call log. However they work with a remote dialler so will simply keep changing a digit of the number... so you have to block that as well. Eventually they will tire of it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just ignore and block any foreign calls from these areas. There are supposedly apps that can do this automatically but I've not tried any to recommend to you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

bms
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I’ve had about 30 over the last two days. To start off with they were from Burkina Faso, now getting from Congo, Switzerland, Austria and Russia. I am texting CALL to 7726 to report every one of them with number, where from, time and date! Irritating! 😒

I’ve ‘silenced unknown callers’ you can still see the numbers but at least your phone doesn’t ring!

Message 7 of 9

bms
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I’ve had about 30 over the last two days. To start off with they were from Burkina Faso, now getting from Congo, Switzerland, Austria and Russia. I am texting CALL to 7726 to report every one of them with number, where from, time and date! Irritating! 😒

I've put my phone on ‘silence unknown callers, at least the phone doesn’t ring!

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions