cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shambles of a service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am absolutely fuming with this atrocious service O2 recycle have provided. It has been 2 weeks since they told me they would be arranging a delivery to resend my phone back to me.
There has not been one apology of making me wait this long to have my phone sent back and in regards to this email, there has been nothing in the slightest of an apology.

I was quoted £94 but when they received the phone e they changed it to £47 because of a crack in the screen. I had it sent back and analysed the phone and took pictures of it and found no crack. 100% fine. I sent it back again and again they said they found a crack. I took pictures incase Nd compared it to the one they sent me for proof. Again NO visible crack whatsoever. Now I am feeling frustrated and conned the way they are scamming fully working phones. I ask for it to be sent back. It has taken more than 2 weeks for my phone to be sent and delivered. I have not had one apology. What a disappointing service.

This has been a waste of time and a con. I feel cheated.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
You need to make a complaint so it's officially recognised.
Use the resolver option under how to complain on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Many people have had problems with O2's recycling company. Personally I would never think of using them. Far better to take it to your nearest CEX store or one of the other outlets.

Hope your complaint gets you some form of apology or recompense but what really needs to happen is for O2 to stop dealing with this company. 

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never had any problem with o2 recycle myself. Did you do it online or in a store?

Message 4 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous did you go a head with making a complaint in the end? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. I sent an email but I've had no reply
Message 6 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes. I sent an email but I've had no reply

They should get back to you soon. Please keep us updated as you go through the process slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You'll get a response within 7-10 working days 

Message 8 of 8