cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on a 24 month contract with O2, I just upgraded to a samsung galaxy s3 last month. Today I was on my phone and was texting the next thing I looked down at the screen and there was a straight thin crack along the screen. I did not use any force on the screen so I do not understand why it would just crack like that for no reason. I am so frustrated because I love this phone. I have O2 insurance but I do not want to make a claim, I want my phone replaced or the screen replaced as its just not right that a new phone should crack for no good reason.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Got away with it though wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 13

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Best reply I've seen this year:)

I've read about stress fractures in the manufacturing process that don't appear until a phone flexes. Could well claim under warranty. Be pretty obvious if the phone has been dropped.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this very same problem. The phone was next to my bed overnight, woke up with a cracked screen. I have never dropped it and am very careful with my phone. This is the frustrating experience that I have had to date. I contacted O2 who asked me to send the phone in for an engineers report. I did this, it reached the engineer, the engineer saw the cracked screen, declared it not a warranty issue and sent it back with no investigation. I called O2 and was told they will not even look at a phone with a cracked screen. I explained my concerns and was told that they had no reported insidents of screens cracking. I did tell them that this was hardly surprising as they will not log the reason for a cracked screen or investigate one that is sent in. Basically, O2 will not record the log or record reports of this happening so they can continue to claim that there are no incidents of screens cracking without impact, Samsung are the same. To admit there is a problem could involve a recall and that is not going to happen. Luckily my phone was insured and is being repaired but it is pretty disgraceful that there are a number of reported incidents of this and O2 continue to deny that it is a problem.

Sorry for having a rant on my first post.

Message 13 of 13