cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming charges so high with O2 bill pay?

Anonymous
Not applicable

A colleague and I have travelled to Ireland to work for 1 week. My colleague is a Vodafone bill pay customer and I am a O2 bill pay customer. We both have unlimited calls and texts on our tariffs, just different networks.

My colleague availed of Vodafone Euro traveller - Take your minutes, texts and internet abroad for £3 a day max.

I called O2 to get a similar deal and I was very disappointed to be told that the only option I have is;

-  £1.99 for the days that you use data in Europe (daily allowance of 15MB)

- When I make or receive calls there’s a connection charge of 50p, then it’s free to talk for up to 60 minutes.

As I work in the events industry, I will be receiving and making around 30 short 2 minute calls per day (guestimate). As it will be suppliers, my UK office and people onsite asking quick questions. So I made out the spend of my colleague and I to compare;

COLLEAGUE: Vodafone - £3 per day (Including all calls & internet)

ME: O2 - £15 (Based on 30 answered and received calls) + £1.99 internet = £16.99 per day

I think that this is outrageous value for money. There is a clear difference. I wish that I had known this before I signed up to O2 as I am a Irish person living in the UK and I go home quite regularly. 

Where is the value for money O2??? The is daylight robbery!!!!

When I spoke to O2 customer service representatives about this, all they could say to me to justify the cost was that I could talk for 60mins per call!! I don't know many people that make 60min calls on a daily basis.  

As an alternative, I am using a sim from a different network in a spare phone. This has kept the costs way down for me. It is a pity that I have had to resort to this when I really need my Iphone 5 for work! 😞

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Text messages sent from Greece cost 7p (monthly) or 8p (P&G) on O2 Travel

Standard rates without O2 Travel are exactly the same at 7p and 8p respectively.

Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you

Message 12 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions