Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a bar

Gingerproph
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Because I lost my phone, 02 put a bar on it. But since I found my phone they said they would remove the bar, but that was a week ago and I was still a bar on my phone. I can't contact them to remove it. I've been to the O2 shop and they've tried to remove it. But there's still a bar on my phone and I can't phone

or pay wallet pay so it's frustrating is there any way I can remove the bar myself? Or what is the answer?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

EKW
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your advice. Do you think I would have any issues after requesting a PAC number and that then working with a new network? Thank you 

Message 11 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23118 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@EKW If your number is currently barred I doubt O2 will authorise a PAC for it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 20

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 652 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 16 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @jonsie 

@EKW Can you please drop me a PM with your mobile number and i'll take a closer look 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 13 of 20

EKW
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just an update to give everyone hope! @Dave-O2 was so helpful and resolved my issue where no one else could in-store or on customer services. Thank you so much !!!

Message 14 of 20

Afroditi
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi please I need urgent help. Please. Someone stole my device last Tuesday and O2 putted a both way bar on the sim that they try to remove but they can't. I have a child in Glasgow that I cannot reach as I had her number in the stolen device plus I don't have access to any app because I had my number as verification. Please if someone helps me because I need to find my chd and also my bussines will collapse. Please😢

Message 15 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 16 of 20

bar_victim
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, I am in an identical situation now, and if I had read all the bar drama in the community forum, I would have never requested them to place a bar in the same place. It seems that majority of o2 employees do not know how to remove a bar once they are placed, and a serious internal training session is required.

So I've got my handset stolen. I called the O2 and asked them to place bars, and they placed the usual bars. I went to the shop to get a new SIM card, and asked the person there to remove the bar. He said it would take 24h. 24h later, nothing happened so I called the customer service and the person there told me that the employee at the shop made a mistake so my account was now "stuck" at the bar removal process, but she put a new request and they would be removed now, and 24 h later, the bars remain. I suspect that this would be iterated ad infinitum if @Dave-O2 does not help me and resolves the situation as he did for you. So Dave, may I kindly ask you to please help me? I am not able to use online banking and in a pretty bad spot... Thank you.

Message 17 of 20

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5833 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@bar_victim 

Whilst you are waiting for @Dave-O2 to respond to you, this might prove informative :-

Guide: O2 BARs 

Message 18 of 20

bar_victim
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Oxonian. I spoke with the customer service again, this time via chat from My O2 app. There are four bars on my account (not all of them are listed in the guide you have linked): (i) Incoming Calls; (ii) Incoming SMS; (iii) Data; (iv) Both ways. The guy I chat with told me that he cannot remove the bars either as he is getting an "error message".

He escalated the issue to a team called the "resolution team", and told me that it may take up to five working days for the issue to be resolved. I find five days to be quite an unreasonable time for removing several bars, and not being able to receive SMS affecting my life very adversely at the moment. For instance, I cannot access my online banking to transfer some money from my savings account to my current account, so when I pay the next bill to O2 (in a couple of days), I will go into overdraft. I cannot pay the bill online either, as my cards have online security enabled, and I need to type the SMS code to make online payments.

So I will wait to see whether Dave is able help with it and whether it looks like the situation could be resolved tomorrow. If not, I will get the PAC and move to another provider Tuesday (I am out of contract so I can do that with minimal cost).

Message 19 of 20

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 652 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 16 Solutions

Thanks @Oxonian 

@bar_victim I can confirm that I have your PM and I'll be in touch as soon as I can 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 20 of 20