Did you mean: 

Porting a number to another network

ChrisG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I hope someone can help.

I've switched from O2 to EE but the number transfer hasn't completed. I've spoken to EE and they say everything's done on their end, it was done yesterday at around 9am, they're just waiting for info from O2 but they speculated that because O2 offices were in lockdown there may not be anyone there to send the info. 

I rang O2 on the customer service number they the guy on the phone was very unhelfpul, he noted that my account was closed yesterday around 10am and that there was nothing he can do to help. When I asked if there was anyone else I could speak to he hung up. I've also DMed them on Twitter but they haven't responded in about 5 hours now.

I just want to know if the process is still ongoing and that the number will trasnfer properly as right now I don't have a working phone number.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

If your old sim has lost service it means the port has started @ChrisG  it's just a matter of waiting as ports are taking ages. Keep rebooting your phone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

ChrisG
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have any idea how long ports are taking? 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
We have been told they were supposed to be running normally now, but, don't always believe it's o2's issue just because EE said it was.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

ChrisG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's a fair point, and I did wonder if EE wer trying to pass the buck, but EE so far have been very helpful and O2 literally hung up on me so I'm inclined to side with EE on this one.

Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10130 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions
@ChrisG

What a load of tosh from EE, their doesn't need to be someone in the office to process standard number ports, this is i would presume a batch process, with only exceptions needing manual intervention.

Sounds like EE need to talk to o2 if there has been a failure and if your account was closed by o2 at 10am then they must have had a complete message back.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6