Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portable wifi

Lettuce1962
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there a portable wifi device I can take with me to costa brava in case the hotel wifi is no good and I want to use my tablet of kindle, if so where do I get one and will it need a sim card and would I be able to top it up abroad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23937 Posts
  • 1044 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Lettuce1962 Look on Amazon.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148953 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Lettuce1962 

You can't use O2 data only sims abroad, so you'll need to look at offerings from other networks for your data requirements.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125731 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7547 Solutions

@Lettuce1962 

I no longer travel abroad but do visit quite a number of holiday destinations throughout the UK where the Wifi is poor.

I take my PC or tablet. I have a Huawei dongle which needs a sim. I don't use O2,

I bought the dongle about 4 years ago. 

I buy a data sim from Amazon. I always buy a pre-loaded sim and find the 3 network gives me the best coverage IN THE UK.

You need to check that any data sim can be used abroad.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9055 Posts
  • 205 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

I have a TP-Link M7350 4G LTE Mobile Wi-Fi Router which works well, is inexpensive and is available from major retailers. 

The Netgear Nighthawk series are very highly though of, but are far more expensive. 

I have no experience of using such devices overseas.   

Message 5 of 5