Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overage allowance charges

Dragos1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just received a text and emails about an upgrade that I didn't do,is about my Overage allowance charges. I didn't apply for such think and I don't know why I get it without my knowledge,so could you please cancel it.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

For those that received the message regarding the overage allowance charges, O2 have let us know that this is a legitimate message issued as a billing correction. The details can be viewed in My O2 as well.

Others may have gotten a notification about a new order placement--that one is an error and O2 are investigating why it happened. 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

ChrisPW
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have received the same messages. Definitely did not order anything!

Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123064 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Dragos1and @ChrisPW 

I 'think' it may be a movement to the new billing System. I've asked our managers @Martin-O2 and @Breanna for an explanation. Normal order numbers start with MS and these are NC. You could call Sales on

0800 081 0255 or Payment Management on 0800 902 0217.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

ChrisPW
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Cleoriff, that sounds totally plausible. Personally I resent a corporation trying to dress this up as something I asked for - it erodes my previous trust in O2. A communications and PR road-wreck either way!

Message 4 of 15

WASTEDTIME
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why can't someone from o2 come out and tell us what this is all about. Surely there's enough of them there.

And I have every confidence they have a team of people monitoring these posts................

Message 5 of 15

DexNotts
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had the same message, call O2 and wait for an hour for someone to answer, I am currently on 35 minutes, if I find an answer I will let all know

Message 6 of 15

JC01
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have also just received such a text message and email. Having previously been subjected to my phone number being hacked and financial fraud committed by the perpetrators, this message has brought enormous stress. It has been exacerbated by the fact that I have been unable to talk to anyone on 202 despite giving reason as possible fraud. The autobot just says we are busy and hangs up! Doesn't inspire confidence in the company when someone is trying to report possible fraud. Not happy.

Message 7 of 15

DexNotts
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just got through after 47 minutes, apparently it is a technical error and not to worry about it, apologies the man says, I did ask him to feedback that they ought to issue an official apology to all customers so everyone knows, we shall see.

Message 8 of 15

WASTEDTIME
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah Right. I'll look forward to that!!

Message 9 of 15

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

For those that received the message regarding the overage allowance charges, O2 have let us know that this is a legitimate message issued as a billing correction. The details can be viewed in My O2 as well.

Others may have gotten a notification about a new order placement--that one is an error and O2 are investigating why it happened. 

Message 10 of 15