cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 email service working?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry if already asked, or if I've posted in the wrong place....

Right, I've had an o2 email address for as long as I can remember, received the emails throughout October advising such address was being closed down as of 1st Nov.... followed the helpful video and did everything instructed to re-route any o2 emails to my gmail account, has been working great up until late this morning, when upon refreshing my emails in windows live mail I was out the blue asked for my password, (only for the o2 account) put it in and all it keeps saying is incorrect password??!!.... but also a little message pops up saying service is unavailable???  What is goin on, does anyone know, because I am slowly loosing the will to live!!  wink

Has o2 email just totally shut down altogether as of this morning??... and does not now forward any messages sent to my O2 address automatically to my gmail account??

I'm still receiving gmail emails no problem, but only from senders that have sent it to my gmail address....

O2 dont even give a link to re-set password, so cannot get into my account at all....

Sorry for waffling on, hope someone can come to my rescue!

Thanks,

PinkyLFC  xx

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144897 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
There is no service available to forward from so if yours had the chop today (as many others) that's it for O2 email. The idea of setting up a gmail account was to get a usable email address to give to your contacts...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 144897 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
There is no service available to forward from so if yours had the chop today (as many others) that's it for O2 email. The idea of setting up a gmail account was to get a usable email address to give to your contacts...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok, silly me thought it was a facility o2 offered where by any o2 emails were forwarded on to another email address of my choice.... 

So that is deffo it, o2 is well and truly kapput, any o2 emails I should have had from late morning onwards are gone forever??..... so if any competitions I had entered and they were informing me I had won a paradise holiday or £2893033,0000,0000 in cash, I wont know about it????? lol 

That transferring over to another email business DID NOT make it clear that this was just a temporary thing, and that any contacts I had that used my o2 address, (which is shed loads!!) needed to be changed over to gmail..... I just thought I'd re-routed them to come through to my gmail account..... thought it seemed too good (and easy) to be true!

Thanks for your reply anyway slight_smile

xx

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 144897 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Yep, sadly it's now deceased wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Surprised ............. R.I.P  my long standing O2 email address Smiley Very Happy

Oh jeez so what your sayin is that I now have to trawl through all my o2 emails and see who I  shall allow the privilege of having my equally as long standing gmail address??!!

xx

Message 5 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23191 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

If you had taken the time to read what was in the link you would have known http://www.o2.co.uk/o2email

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

No need to be rude!!

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd previously read the info on the link http://www.o2.co.uk/o2email. I had planned to transfer to sky, and as I had O2 broadband I believed I wouldn't have a problem as i would keep my O2 email account. Total crap?

Outlook now down and probably missing business emails.

Will now be looking elsewhere..... had problems with Sky a few years ago. I subsequently went to O2. Now back to Sky and further problems?????

Message 8 of 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Right, I've had an o2 email address for as long as I can remember, received the emails throughout October advising such address was being closed down as of 1st Nov....

It's true though, the email sent out as you have posted above did say clearly that the service would close down.

I don't think Bambino meant to appear rude, we have been chatting about this for nearly two months here.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Email-Webmail-to-close/m-p/510096#U510096

If you email all your contacts and advise them using your new email address, they'll all know how to stay in touch to you.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd previously read the info on the link http://www.o2.co.uk/o2email. I had planned to transfer to sky, and as I had O2 broadband I believed I wouldn't have a problem as i would keep my O2 email account.

Unless you have stopped using O2 Broadband your O2 email should still be working.

This is nothing to do with Sky.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 14