cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 'Support' for Samsung Galaxy Active-2 LTE Smartwatch (with eSIM) cellular functionality??

HelpSeeker
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I find myself going around in circles trying to find out whether or not I am able to tether my Samsung Galaxy Active-2 Cellular LTE Smartwatch (with eSIM) to O2 if I were to buy a new phone and new contract with O2.

There is so much contradictory information out there and O2's own website is next to useless in this respect.

Is anyone able to clarify the current position please (given I cannot currently reach anyone at O2 to clarify this)?

Confusingly, I see O2 sell the watch I have here:

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/samsung/galaxy-watch-active2-40mm-and-44mm#contractType=nonconnected

and quote "And you get the power to stay connected. Take calls, receive messages and access your apps straight from your wrist - all you need is a compatible smartphone with a network connection"

Yet I cannot find any information on how exactly one would go about becoming 'connected' on O2 nor how much it would cost?

I see O2 support eSIM here:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/esim?osr=esim

But all information seems to be geared to eSIM Phones. Smartwatches are not mentioned.

There are apparently O2 eSIM packs available but no way of ordering them currently or any mention of how much they cost?

Is there anyone out there currently using the cellular functionality on their Galaxy Watch on O2 (using the same cellular number/contract as their phone)?

Any help and clarification from you wonderful people will be much appreciated please.

Many thanks thumbsup 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@HelpSeeker 

Connection would just be via Bluetooth mirroring the phone.

There would be no cellular functions without the phone being in range.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Lichly
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Get an esim from online chat or from o2 shop scan the qr code with Galaxy wearable app on phone all done

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Lichly wrote:
get an esim from online chat or from o2 shop scan the qr code with phone all done

Correct for a watch 3

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5