cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Recycle Is A SCAM!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to send a warning to anyone thinking of using O2 Recycle.

My situation was I saw the O2 Recycle when thinking of upgrading and when I honestly filled out the recylce valuation, it convinced me to get a new iPhone 7. Anyway, they offered me £214 for my iPhone 6 which was in immaculate condition, with no damage at all. Anyway, I send it off to them and then turn around and say we are not offering £214 anymore, its £40 take it or leave it. They claimed there was damage to the screen, which there isnt. I requested the phone sent back to me and eventually, it turned up. There is no damage to the phone at all. They also decided to throw away the original box I sent with it, so no I cant even sell it.

I am considering cancelling my contract with them as this service is a complete and utter scam.

Message 1 of 138
137 REPLIES 137

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

OK..as the OP has done all she can and is getting nowhere (other than scammed) let's see if @Toby can do something? Outrageous practice....Evil

Doubtful as all he can do is feed it back. Maybe if enough of the proverbial flies they might honour the true valuation but it's unlikely.

Message 21 of 138

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much

Message 22 of 138

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

OK..as the OP has done all she can and is getting nowhere (other than scammed) let's see if @Toby can do something? Outrageous practice....Evil

Doubtful as all he can do is feed it back. Maybe if enough of the proverbial flies they might honour the true valuation but it's unlikely.

I would be trying everything personally. Using whatever strings I could pull. Contacting anyone and everyone who could help. ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 138

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I'd even be considering legal action.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 138

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am certainly going to be complaining, but I doubt they will do anything at all.

They clearly put the Recycle button next to the UPGRADE button so that you are lead to believe that you will get a good deal on an upgrade. Once you have upgraded, you are then let down!

It shouldnt be allowed.

Message 25 of 138

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
They also show an advert when paying off device plan
Message 26 of 138

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

The fact that people complain on here then more customers will hopefully see the complaints and think twice about using the service. All media options should be explored.

Message 27 of 138

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Screenshot_20161224-141126.png

Message 28 of 138

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
They also show an advert when paying off device plan

And there is the problem. ...an easy option for customers. 

Message 29 of 138

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is exactly what I saw, it was the fact they offered me £214 for my phone that made me think upgrading was worth it. I was happy with my iPhone 6, but they made me think it was value for money to upgrade.

Pay of contract for £150.

Upgrade and pay £70 up front.

Recycle phone for £214.

That made good sense. Until they said we are now only going to give you £40 for your phone!

It's disgusting!

Message 30 of 138