cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Insure - 3 weeks and still no phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I sadly damaged my phone on 16th October. I got caught in a heavy down pour and my phone (Samsung Galazy S6 Edge) was in my pocket and got wet. After three days in rice it still wouldn't boot up so I had to claim on the insurance.

I was told there were no Samsung phones in stock but they could send me a Sony Xperia Z3 instead. Naturally I refused this as I'm still paying for my Samsung...and if I wanted a Sony Xperia I'd have bought one in the first place.

It's now 14th November...I still don't have a phone (still no Samsungs in stock apparently) and yet I've now this month been charged the excess. I complained to O2 and my compaint wasn't upheld...apparently they've offered me a phone, I refused it so it's tough luck that I'm still without a phone as they've done all they needed to do.

I'm now paying for an airtime contract I can't use, a phone that I no longer have, a worthless insurance policy and on top of that an excess charge for something I still don't have. How is this right??? Since when did it become acceptable to offer someone a cheaper alternative? If I wanted a Z3 I could've got one for £17 a month with no upfront cost, as it is I'm paying £50 a month plus whatever my upfront cost was for my Samsung and yet they think the Z3 is an acceptable alternative?!?!?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
We would all completely agree with you on here and it's something we have heard of before too.
You will need to keep on to CS and O2 Insure until they supply you with a satisfactory replacement.
You could also Google for the CEO's email address and send him an email of complaint.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Surprising they can't locate 6 edge but not surprising of their treatment of customers who take out insurance in good faith. As above... Google! 

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've emailed the CEO and had a response from their office to say they're 'investigating'...I'm not holding my breath. Meanwhile, O2 insure still don't have any S6 Edges in (apparently they're lacking in S6 stock because they've had to give them all to people who had their Note 7 recalled!). But O2 have very kindly sent me my balance of how many payments I have left before I've paid my phone off. Which is considerably more than the Xperia z3 would cost me!

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Not too bad then......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 6 of 6