cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Insurance - Terrible Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use my phone for work so needless to say it is essential to my lifestyle. I have also been an O2 customer for near 10 years. I have never taken O2 insurance but was sold it well when I did my last refresh. Thankfully I did (or at least I thought) because at a wedding the phone was knocked off a table into gravel and the screen smashed. Upon making a claim I was given a horrible £5 Samsung "courtesy" phone and told the phone would be picked up the next day. Three days later and the courier has not come and I am not able to be "mobile" as I can't pick up emails outside the office or house. Granted, the courier is not O2's direct fault but I have now called O2 insurance 5 times and they have not been able to help - including one time when I was cut off and never received a call back. The address for pick up has somehow been changed to some office up the road even though I triple checked it and then when I asked them to chase DPD couriers I was told they had no time because they had to answer other incoming calls and had no time for me.

How O2 can charge a monthly rate to "cover" me is a joke. This is really poor service and a really poor experience. Really I should be reimbursed for the fees I have been paying for this service. I am at risk of losing more money from business than I am buying a new handset and forgetting this thing you believe to be "insurance". Terrible.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124349 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Sorry to hear this @Anonymous Appalling service. You just have to keep on at them I'm afraid

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/products-and-services/o2-insurance

If none of this works then complain using this link

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93344 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 124349 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

So your phone is now sitting in someone else's premises....?

I understood that the op still has the phone and it hasn't been picked up at all @jonsie

They appear to have the wrong address for pick up....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
Return it yourself to the address given i your contract terms - Might be easier and quicker in the long run....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93344 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Follow the complaints process linked above even if it's now picked up. O2 need to know when their services fail to come up to standard or things will never change.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Miggoo

I'm Meri, the Community Coordinator. Sorry to hear you have been having so many problems. If you send me a PM with your details I will see what can be done

Message 8 of 8