Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-existent signal in Romford/Hornchurch area

LynneL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone else been suffering from an intermittent signal in the Romford/Hornchurch area for the past 6-8weeks ?  The affected area seems to stretch from Bedfords Park in the north to about Rainham in the south and is about 1 mile wide.  Staff in the local store sort of hinted that work was in hand arising from the merger of the O2 and Vodaphone networks.  But neither company seems willing to be honest about what is going on.  I've managed to activate Wi-fi calling thru our home broadband but that is of no use when out and about locally. What am I paying for ?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35929 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Hi @LynneL  - the link to the O2 Network Status Checker tool as mentioned in this guide should be shared amongst your other O2 friends and contacts in your local area - every time they click the link to check for their postcode, it moves that fault further up the list: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

You can also ask the O2 Social Media team, links beneath the two O2 blue bars at the foot of this reply.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35929 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Hi @LynneL  - the link to the O2 Network Status Checker tool as mentioned in this guide should be shared amongst your other O2 friends and contacts in your local area - every time they click the link to check for their postcode, it moves that fault further up the list: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

You can also ask the O2 Social Media team, links beneath the two O2 blue bars at the foot of this reply.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

Dibs1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm in Upminster and since I've changed from Virgin to O2 I've not been able to make or receive calls without using WiFi. 

I'm told there is a mast out of action close by and they are working on it  this has been going on for 6 weeks now.

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 4 of 4