Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No delivery terrible customer service

JoB_314
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok this is a long rant. But I am desperate for answers so sorry in advance.

On June 20th after using nearly all my mobile data allowance in 2 days on Google maps as my car was in the garage and my dad’s that I was borrowing is ancient and has no infotainment system. I was on my o2 looking to increase my data allowance and was not impressed at the bolt on or increased data plan prices. I thought at this rate I’d be better off upgrading my phone and taking out a new contract with unlimited+. I was originally planning to drop o2 and go with sky mobile as I already have tv and broadband with them and had I done so it would work out a few quid cheaper. However Sky said it would take 3-5 days to deliver and o2 were offering next day delivery so I took the contract with o2.

The next day nothing was delivered, the order still said it was processing so I called customer services on the 22nd and was told oh it wasn’t in stock and would be delivered by Wednesday 26th.

originally planning to drop o2 and go with sky mobile as I already have tv and broadband with them and had I done so it would work out a few quid cheaper. However Sky said it would take 3-5 days to deliver and o2 were offering next day delivery so I took the contract with o2.

The next day nothing was delivered, the order still said it was processing so I called customer services on the 22nd and was told oh it wasn’t in stock and would be delivered by Wednesday 26th.

Thursday the 27th I call back as it had still not arrived to be told oh it’s stuck in processing just be patient I’ll get hold of “the back end” team to get back to you as utmost high priority (within 5 days). I at the time said are you joking that’s not on it can’t take that long to get a response as to what’s happened. Anyway by 4th July I’ve still not had one call one text or e-Mail from anyone with any information so I downloaded the my o2 app just so I could live chat I went through the whole story again just to be told the same thing we’ll get the back end team to get back to you but it could take up to 10 working days it’s only day 5 just be more patient and have £10 off your phone bill (which they did add). 11th July I still heard nothing so I called back to be told the same fricking thing he tried for 4( minutes to sort it out spoke to his manger who then told me there is nothing they can do the back end team have to deal with it it has been escalated to the highest priority and they would get back to me within 48 hrs I said No that’s totally unacceptable. He also said the contract was live as of the 20th June when I placed the order and therefore the 14 day cooling off period had passed so they couldn’t cancel it and make a new order. I’m incensed by this point. I said so in a week I’m be paying for a phone and an airtime plan for a phone I’ve not received as well as this one!! He says a back end manager would call me back by 5 pm not to worry it would all be sorted. Surprise surprise that call never came. Meanwhile my sister messaged o2 on X (twitter) they like everyone else said yep that’s awful we’ll sort it out get her to message us. So I did at 5pm I got no response to that message til 8 am this morning. By 10:15 I was given a ref no and told rest assured not to worry they would get back to me as soon as they had a response from (you guessed it) the back end team (not the euphemism I’d use to describe them by now but I digress). I informed them I had no hope or faith in that as I’d heard that multiple times in the past 3 weeks and had no response from anyone. So I thought my treatment as a customer of over 22 yrs was beyond frustrating and beyond rude. Again I was given platitudes and asked for my patience of which I’m afraid I now have none . And yep I got no further response so at 5pm today I dm’d them back saying this was my exact problem and look where my patience has got me. So now I’m ranting here. Please tell me some of you have had similar experiences that have been resolved or what I can do to get some kind of help 

Thanks so much

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37693 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1710 Solutions

Use the search bar up top to find many such tales of woe here, @JoB_314 - the myth of the manager calling you back seems to be the most prevalent way to get an irate customer off the phone...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=Manager%20will%20call%20me&noSynonym=f...

Message 2 of 4

JoB_314
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have indeed been reading many other similar threads. Which is incorrigible. Yup pretty much, though I wasn’t combative in any way. I actually feel bad for people that have to deal with complaints as it’s got very little to do with them and more the apathy of the company. I have been very explicit in the annoyance of having been repeatedly fobbed off. If they just said look we really don’t have a clue what has gone wrong but we will do x y and z right now to resolve the situation by a reasonable definite date it would be something. 
 Thanks for your response

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37693 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1710 Solutions

You are welcome. Sadly, the most competent, ergo busiest, CS personnel are this behind the Social Media links, so all I can suggest is to persist with the rattle on X u til an agent takes you on. Good luck, @JoB_314.

Message 4 of 4